- To promote and encourage a continuing interest in and loyalty to The University of Alabama
- To effectively employ the talents, energies and contributions of alumni to constructive ends for
The University of Alabama and this Association.
- To provide a standardized organizational structure and coordinated program for alumni
- To develop goals and coordinate the efforts aimed at their accomplishment.
- To promote cultural, academic, and literary advancement of its members.
- To support the President, Board of Trustees, staff, faculty and student body of the University in
their efforts to improve the institution.
- To publish and distribute various materials relating to the University and its alumni.
- To arrange and conduct meetings of the alumni.
- To assist in the recruitment of students to attend the University and to provide scholarships
- To encourage alumni and friends of the University to generously support the institution by
gifts, devices, and bequests.
- To organize and promote a fund to be known as The University of Alabama Alumni Fund for
the use and benefit of The University of Alabama and this Association.
- To conduct any and all appropriate activities to accomplish the above objectives and purposes.
The Association strives to achieve these objectives through the following actions:
- Serving as the coordinating and communications link between Alumni and the University.
- Mobilizing support of Alumni for the betterment of the University through a network of
Alumni chapters, Association committees and individual contacts.
- Conducting targeted programs and activities designed to: strengthen the relationship between
the University and its Alumni and friends; attract qualified students; recognize achievement and
contributions to the University; and to heighten the sense of pride and commitment to the
Our NAA chapters achieve these objectives by:
- Operating under an organizational structure that allows the chapter to set and achieve
- Installing an effective and complete leadership board that employs alumni talents to
constructively serve chapter members, the University, and the chapter’s local
- Coordinating programs or conduct meetings that have a cultural or academic purpose
or are meant to generate interest, loyalty or support for the University.
- Communicating regularly with chapter members, NAA staff, and Executive Committee.
- Collaborating with regional admissions recruiter to assist in the recruitment of students
to attend the University.
- Actively fundraising to endow chapter scholarship(s) provided to local students
attending the University.