Save the Date
Alumni Weekend – Celebrating the Class of 1968
Friday, April 20 – Saturday, April 21
We are delighted to invite you back to campus to attend the Golden Fifties Club reunion and help us celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Class of 1968 and its induction into the Golden Fifties Club!
The Golden Fifties Club celebrates the rich history of The University of Alabama and provides meaningful experiences for alumni and former students who have reached the 50th anniversary of their graduation. Each year, we welcome a new group into the Golden Fifties Club during our reunion weekend and invite all Golden Fifties Club members to participate and welcome our new inductees.
Friday, April 20, 2018
- Campus Tour: The Alabama Alumni Association has arranged for the campus transportation system, Crimson Ride, to take members on a tour of campus led by the Capstone Men and Women. The tour will depart The Hotel Capstone at 3:00 pm.
- Golden Fifties Club Induction Ceremony Dinner at NorthRiver Yacht Club: Cocktails will begin at 6 pm, followed by dinner at 7 pm. Following dinner, the class will be inducted into the Golden Fifties Club.
Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Breakfast of Memories: Reminisce with classmates at the Bryant Conference Center beginning at 8:00 am.
- Alumni Awards Luncheon: The 2018 Distinguished Alumni Award and 2018 Alumni Student Award, and Outstanding Senior Award recipients will be recognized at 11:00 a.m. in the Sellers Auditorium of Bryant Conference Center.
- A-Day Game: The Alabama Alumni Association has reserved a section in the stadium for Golden Fifties Club members and their guests. Cheer on the Crimson Tide at 1 p.m. in Bryant-Denny Stadium.
The cost for the weekend is $100 per person. You may register online at http://alabamagfc1968.eventbrite.com. Please feel free to reach out to the Alumni Department, at (205) 348-3294 with any questions or to make a reservation over the phone. Please register by Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
We hope to see you for a wonderful and very memorable weekend.
Amanda Laycock, Assistant Director of Affinity Programs