- December 4th, 2020
- in Events
2020 SEC Blood Drive Challenge
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the need for blood has increased and the need will become even more urgent during the holidays. The SEC is a force not only on the football field, but a force for giving back. Let’s join together for a blood drive challenge and we will announce the winner on December 19th. The school with the most alumni and fans to donate blood will be awarded a trophy and bragging rights for the year.
Donors should schedule an appointment* at your local blood drive location and take part in the challenge from now until December 18th. We have listed participating locations within the Southeastern Conference below, if you are outside of those states please look up locations through Vitalant. Vitalant has locations across the US. If there is not one close to you, schedule an appointment at your nearest blood drive location.
*Appointments are required to adhere to regulations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Alabama (Tuscaloosa)– Southern Blood Services or LifeSouth
- Arkansas (Fayetteville) – Community Blood Center of the Ozarks
- Auburn (Auburn) – LifeSouth
- Florida (Gainesville) – LifeSouth
- Georgia (Athens) – LifeSouth
- Kentucky (Lexington) – Kentucky Blood Center
- LSU (Baton Rouge) – Lifeshare or Vitalant
- Mississippi (Oxford) – Mississippi Blood Services
- Mississippi State (Starkville) – Mississippi Blood Services
- Missouri (Columbia)– Community Blood Center of the Ozarks
- South Carolina (Columbia) – Blood Connection or Shepeard Community Blood Center
- Tennessee (Knoxville) – Medic Regional Blood Center
- Texas A&M (College Station) – Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center or Blood Center of Brazos Valley
- Vanderbilt (Nashville) – Blood Assurance
Vitalant locations: https://www.vitalant.org/Donate/Blood-Donation/Locations.aspx
To help with tracking the challenge we are asking everyone who donates to fill out a form with the date you donated and the location.
Please note: Not all SEC Universities are able to participate. If your alma mater is not participating in the challenge but you would still like to donate, please fill out the form above.
Please use the link below to sign up for a Vitalant location. Once signed up, you will be redirected to book your appointment.
Questions? Please call Amanda Laycock at 205-348-1547 or email email@example.com